Watch this brief video to get started with Flipster in just minutes!
In addition to digital magazines on Libby, you can use Flipster to check out digital copies of your favorite magazines! All you need is a portable device or computer with an Internet connection and your Northbrook Library card.
• Access Flipster online using a computer or mobile device.
• View offline by using the Flipster app for iPads, Android Tablets, and Kindle Fire.
• Search by title and keyword or browse by category.
What titles are in Flipster?
We have over 30 titles; see the full list here.
Are back issues available?
- To access back issues on your desktop or laptop computer, open the most recent issue of a magazine and select the All Issues menu item in the right column to see all available issues.
- To access back issues on your mobile device, open the most recent issue of a magazine and select the All Issues menu item from the menu in the top left corner to see all available issues.
How long can I borrow a magazine?
Lending periods vary by title. Titles will expire once the loan period ends.
How do you access Flipster?
Via a computer, tablet, or phone with Internet connection:
- Open a browser (Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome)
- Click HERE to access the digital magazines available at your library.
- Enter your library card number, without spaces, when requested.
- Click on a magazine to view it within your browser. As long as you are connected to the Internet, you can access Flipster and read magazines!
What if I want to read without an internet connection on my tablet or iPad?
You'll first need to download the Flipster app to your device and then download magazines to the app while using an Internet connection. PLEASE NOTE: the Flipster app is only available for the iPad and iPad Mini, Android Tablets, and Kindle Fire, not iPhone or Android phones.
Do I need a mobile app to view magazines on my mobile device?
No, using your mobile browser, you can access Flipster and read magazines from your mobile device with an Internet of 3G/4G connection.
The Flipster Home screen is the default search screen and offers the ability to search for titles by keyword, as well as browse by Category, Latest Issues, and All Issues.
To create a basic keyword search:
- From the home screen, enter your search terms in the Find field and click Search. A Result List of magazines that match your search is displayed.
- Click on a title or the Read This Issue link to read it in the Flipster viewer.