The Youth Services Department maintains an active interest in education and provides several special services to teachers. Teachers are also eligible to receive a library card through an approved intergovernmental agreement between the library and schools. Learn about getting a teacher card.
Class Visits and Book Talk Requests
We want to provide the best visit possible with the most comprehensive information. To ensure a successful visit, we ask that you notify us at least three weeks before your requested visit. This will help to ensure that we can gather and plan appropriate resources and information for your students.
Requests for class visits or book talks may be made in person, by telephone at 847-272-4300, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within two business days,
Bus Drop-Off Information
When dropping off students at Northbrook Public Library:
- Do not drive into the library’s parking lot. Drop off students at the wheelchair ramp just north of the library’s parking lot entrance (1215 Cedar Lane).
- Head north on Cedar Lane so that you can pull up at the wheelchair ramp in front of the library without having to turn around.
To be facing the correct way for drop off:
- If driving east on Cherry, turn right on Greenbriar, left on Center, and left on Cedar
- If driving west on Cherry, drive past Cedar and turn left on Greenbriar, left on Center, and left on Cedar
- If driving north or south on Shermer, take Walters heading west and then turn right on Cedar
Book Bag Request Form
Book bags are available upon request to preschool, school-age, and community service teachers, as well as to Northbrook library cardholders who are homeschooling or looking to extend learning for children at home. Please allow a minimum of three days for us to fill your request. We will let you know when your Book Bag is ready to pick up. If you have any questions, please call 847-272-4300 or email email@example.com.
Please note: Specific book titles and quantities may not always be available. We require at least three business days between the date of your request and the expected pickup date. Book bags will be reshelved three days after the pickup date if they are not picked up. Please call 847-272-4300 if you need additional time.